Search Engine Optimization A.K.A SEO
Social Butterfly considers itself a “White Hat” SEO company and will focus on the things that can be done to help increase the search engine ranking of your website. While no guarantees can be made on future search engine ranking, implementing the changes we recommend and execute should result in higher rankings within the organic search.
Google consistently adjusts their algorithms (the backbone of the search software that determines what a human might be looking for) in 2013 two big changes were called the Panda and Penguin updates. Google’s goals are to punish spammers and scammers, and reward companies that are doing legitimate SEO and social media to help drive down “Bounce Rate”. Bounce Rate is when someone clicks on a search link, sees the page and realizes this really isn’t what they are looking for.
- Goals and Objectives – Establish program goals and objectives based on client, competitor and additional industry research.
- Market Analysis – Determination of marketing goals, priority products/services and target audience.
- Website Analysis – Review site for meta and alt tags, visible text and code to develop a plan to make your site search engine friendly.
- Competitive Analysis – Examination of content keywords and competitive websites to help determine an effective search engine positioning strategy.
- Link Popularity Analysis – Analysis of existing number of incoming links, reciprocal links, and paid links across all major search engines (what works, what doesn’t).
- Keyword Selection – Development of a prioritized list of targeted search terms related to your target audience.
- Keyword Recommendation – List of keywords to be priority keywords and search phrases.
- Baseline Ranking Assessment – Utilize Google analytics to determine baseline for keyword effectiveness in driving up relevant site traffic.
- Goals & Objectives – Collaborate with you to establish Goals and Objectives for your Program.
Content Optimization and Onsite Maintenance
- Create Page Titles – Keyword-based titles help establish page theme.
- Create meta and alt tags to help influence rankings.
- Repair or update any code that is negatively affecting SEO, file size, java script etc.
- Identify selected keywords and add to the website source code and existing content on designated pages.
- Sitemap submissions for the major search engines to make it easier for search engines to index your website.
Continuous Search Engine Enhancement
- Reporting – Analysis of analytics to determine the effectiveness of your program, including assessment of individual keyword performance.
- Maintenance – Ongoing resubmissions and search engine optimization (modification of keywords and website content) to continually improve search engine rankings – so growth doesn’t stall or decline from neglect.
- Web Analytics – Analysis of web analytics referring site data (i.e. number of web sites providing traffic and total visitors).
- Reciprocal Links – Development of a customized “Links, Resources, Partners or Industry Experts.”
- Paid Links Budget – Define preliminary paid links budget; some web sites include an annual fee.
- Free Link Directories – Ongoing submissions to free and paid directories and authority sites to continually improve search engine rankings – so growth doesn’t stall or decline from neglect.
- Paid Link Directories – Submission to fee-based link services requiring additional fees* (i.e. Yahoo! and Business.com)
- Information page to link back other web sites; stores, partners etc.
- Additional Websites – Registration with other web sites that have relevant content.
- Reporting – Analysis of overall Link Popularity trends to determine the effectiveness of the program, including web analytics referrer metrics, growth in the number of links.
- Custom Link Building – Consultation with clients about showcasing their expertise to generate quality links (i.e. distribution of news releases coupled with articles, guides, etc.)